- Up-cycled Fabrics:
- We are up-cycling our fabrics that are block printed using carved wooden blocks and hand dyed in natural dyes.
- We stitch in our home studio and ship out of New York.
- Each mask is different
- Patterns: These fabric patterns are designed by my sister and I. We work with artisans in India who print these fabrics by hand and dye them only in plant and mineral dyes.
- Color Option: You'll receive any of these colors: blue, mustard yellow, red, brown, rust, mix. If you don't want a specific color, please leave that in your order notes.
- Fabric weight: We are using both light weight and medium weight cotton fabrics. If you have a preference, please let us know in your order notes.
- Fabric: 100% cotton | Reusable & Washable
- Adult Size: expands to 6"x 8" - inches with 6.5" elastic
- Kids Size: expands to 4.5"x 6.5" with 5" elastic - it will come in any of our up-cycled fabrics.
- Includes: 1 mask
- Returns: For sanitary reasons, we are unable to accept any returns on this item.
We started making these masks for nurses and hospitals as per each hospital's requirements. They’ve said to be using these over their masks to prolong the use of their masks. We've made and donated over 400 masks now from up-cycling our naturally dyed fabrics. (Read: blog) The dyes are chemical free so they are not harmful to you or the environment. Because we are up-cycling our fabrics, each one is different and so the pictures are just for size and shape. Please know you may receive a different color from what you see in the photos. If you need a special color, please leave us a note in the order and we’ll see what we can do. These masks have 2 layers - each layer is a different pattern/color - so that helps to identify the side you are using. They are washable and re-usable.
Fun Fact: We are using 2 different fabrics so in essence you have two mask styles in one! You can wear the side that compliments what you are wearing or how you are feeling ;)! There is no reason for our masks to be boring! If you are going to mask, you might as well mask in style! It is recommended to wash your mask in between wearing different sides.
** Please note these are not medical grade. They provide some minimal physical barrier. We make no medical claims with regard to their usage. **
Craft Story: Block printing
CARE: Be respectful of the fiber and give it a gentle hand wash in cold water for the first few washes. After that they can be machine washed in cold water. Be aware of any color bleeds in the first few washes.
Returns: For sanitary reasons, we are unable to accept any returns on this item.