Our pillow inserts for the pillows come in 3 types:
(i) recycled plastic bottle fiber, or
(ii) kapok plant fiber, or
(iii) 10/90 down feather
The first two eco-friendly inserts are medium firm support and handmade in USA. The down/feather is soft and also handmade in USA.
(i) Recycled Plastic Bottle Fiber insert:
The recycled plastic fiber fill is made from recycle plastic bottles.
- hypo allergen - good for people with allergies
- fabric: 200 thread count unbleached cotton
- runs one size larger for the extra poof look
(ii) Kapok plant fiber insert:
Kapok fiber is the seed pod fluff of a rain forest tree called the Ceiba tree or the silk cotton tree. The pods are harvested in the East and the trees are left standing. Its feel is silky and similar to the light weight feeling of down. This fiber has been long used in meditation pillows. Kapok is also compostable and biodegradable.
- optional: if you want a zipper to re-fill or take out as needed, leave us a message while ordering
- fabric: organic cotton
- runs true to size
- MADE TO ORDER: ships in 2-3 weeks
(iii) Down Feather (10/90) insert:
- runs one size larger for the extra puffy look
Shipping: We ship inserts in USA Only.
CARE: Recommend dry cleaning for down feather and recycled fiber inserts.
The Kapok inserts can be machine washed. To restore loft and fluffiness, pillows may be placed in the dryer on "Cold Air/ Fluff" or "Low" setting for 15 to 20 minutes.